BUILD YOUR OWN CUSTOM BASS DRUM BEATER
Single Color Beater with Painted Stripes
Let’s design your dream bass drum beater. Choose from either a natural maple or stained finish, paint on two perfectly matched stripes, then add a monogrammed shield with your initials, custom text or your logo.
Multi-Color Beater with Painted Stripes
This is where the magic happens. Mix and match the three sections and two stripes, choosing from nearly 30 paint and stain options. If you really want to get crazy with it, throw some custom laser engraving into the mix.
Looking for big tone with less weight? Your quest ends here with this lightweight wood beater. Keep it simple with a natural finish, or add a stained finish, then finish things off with a custom painted stripe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does the Beater Builder pricing work?
A great question. Here’s a quick breakdown of our custom bass drum beater pricing.
If you’re building a beater with stripes:
- Beaters with a natural maple finish are $30
- Stained beaters with a single base color are $40
- Stained beaters with 2-3 base colors are $50
- Beaters with a natural maple finish are $30
- Stained beaters are $35
- Adding a monogrammed shield with your initials is a $30 upcharge
- Adding custom text is a $30 upcharge
- Adding a custom logo (from a supplied artwork file) is a $30 upcharge
Here are some real world examples:
- If you want a natural maple beater with purple stripes ($30) and a monogrammed shield ($30), your cost is $60
- If you want a red, white and blue stained beater with black stripes ($50), and your band’s logo laser engraved ($30), your cost is $80
- If you want a purple stained beater without stripes ($35), and custom text engraved ($30), your cost is $65
Where do you ship and how much does that cost?
If you’re in the US, we’ll ship your beater for free using USPS First Class Mail. Faster options are available at checkout if you need your beater in a hurry.
If you’re not in the US, we’re happy to ship a beater right to your door! Shipping a beater to Canada costs about $8, and anywhere else in the world is around $15 (2-3 week delivery). Again, faster (and more expensive) options are available.
All of this is built into our shopping cart, so go ahead with your purchase and the correct shipping costs will be added automatically.
Can you build a beater to match my drums?
We’ll do our best. We’ve got nearly 30 stain and paint options available on our Beater Builder, so we should be able to get pretty close!
If you don’t think anything matches, fill out our custom bass drum beater form and let us know what you’re looking for.
Can I get my band's logo engraved?
Absolutely! We love making super personal beaters. However, to get the kind of quality that both of us will be proud of, we’re very specific about the image file format.
Your logo must be sent to us as a single-color vector artwork file, in either an .eps or .ai file format. Note that the engraving area is .875″ x .875″. We can be extremely detailed in this small space, but if your file has a lot of small details, please realize that they might fill in.
If you’re interested in a custom engraved logo (or other image), choose the option in one of our Beater Builders, where you’ll be able to upload your image file before adding the beater to your cart.
I don't have a logo, but can you just engrave a common shape, like a star or a meatball?
Sure can. However, we don’t offer graphic design services and don’t have a library of stock images, so you’ll have to provide the image file.
To get the kind of quality that both of us will be proud of, we can’t use any old jpeg you grab off the interwebs. The image file must be sent to us as a single-color vector artwork file, in either an .eps or .ai file format. Note that the engraving area is .875″ x .875″. We can be extremely detailed in this small space, but if your file has a lot of small details, please realize that they might fill in.
If you don’t already have a file, and can’t convince a graphic designer friend to help you out, there are tons of free or cheap vector art files online. Please realize that we can’t engrave a copyrighted image that you don’t have permission to use. For example, you might be a huge Detroit Red Wings fan, but they’ll sue the snot out of us if we make money using their logo.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, choose the option in one of our Beater Builders, where you’ll be able to upload your image file before adding the beater to your cart.
What if I want something that can't be built using the Beater Builder?
If you’ve got something totally insane in mind – a beater that can’t be built using our Beater Builder – we’d love to hear about it.
Fill out our custom bass drum beater form and we’ll let you know if your design is possible.
You realize that’s not actually a question, right?
We don’t have an official artist program at this time, but when we do, we’ll be looking at three things when evaluating potential endorsers.
- Are you playing in a high profile band, or with high profile artists? We want to work with people who are very successful, so you can help us get the word out to more drummers, and we can bring even more attention to your playing.
- Do you have a huge social media following? You might be uploading YouTube videos shot in your basement, but if you have thousands of subscribers and tens of thousands of views, chances are good that people respect your opinion. If you fall into this category, things might work out between us.
- You love Low Boy beaters. This means you happily paid money for a beater, have been playing it for a while at shows and/or in the studio, and have made the decision that your kick drum wouldn’t sound like you without your Low Boy beater. This is the kind of passion and commitment we’re looking for in our future artists.
The bottom line is that unless your last name is Peart, Bozzio or Cobham, please don’t email us asking for free stuff.